Thursday 11 December 2014

HOT FOR TEACHER: Easy Hair Curling (and mini review!)



Prepare yourself for another gushing review, not very well disguised as a tutorial. I saw the Lee Stafford Argan Oil Wave & Nourish Twisted Curling Wand in inthefrow's November favourites video, and bought it instantly, because I had wanted a new curling wand forever and this is super cheap, but to be honest I didn't have the highest expectations precisely because of that. In fact, I love it.

The main reason I love it is because it took me 15 minutes, first attempt ever, to curl my entire head of hair. I have a lot of very fine hair and with my previous wand it took easily an hour, if not more. The second reason I love it is because I didn't burn myself once. I am not good at curling my hair, as you can probably tell from the above two points, and this was the easiest thing in the world. The reason for both of these, and why it is so clever, is that tong has grooves winding around it in both directions, which means both that more hair is in contact with the wand at any one time so you can do bigger chunks (speed) and the hair stays in the grooves with no need for the normal clippy thing (no burning).

In the box you get a pretty good set of instructions on how to do it, but if like me you understand better from pictures than words (I am clever I am), then my pictures might help! First things first, use heat protector! I just used L'Oreal Extraordinary Oil and brushed it through, purely because that was all I had lying around but I am going to get a heat protectant that helps hold the curls too now that I actually have a use for it. I don't have clips so I just used a hair bobble to tie all of my hair on top of my head apart from a small section right at the nape of my neck. 

Then I took the wand, wound the hair round and held for 15 seconds before unwinding again. As I said before, the grooves mean the hair just kind of stays in place by itself, and you don't have to be too precise with it because it falls into place and is for more of a beachy wave kind of curl rather than perfect ringlets anyway. After the first section, I just took a little section of hair from my topknot each time, working across the bottom and then up, until about half way up. 

At this point, it can be quite a good idea to take the rest of the hair out and reassess, as it were, especially if you have a defined and/or side parting like me, because you might want to start doing the sections slightly differently. What I mean is that I curled higher up on the right hand side of my head, and lower on the left hand side, so that I didn't get curls on the top of my head, although looking at the pictures now, I would take it even higher on the right (my right = left in the picture) hand side next time. 

I sprayed each curl with a bit of hairspray as I went through, and then just did one last general spray and jujj at the end, then done :) I am super excited to be able to do something interesting with my hair, are you tempted too??

2 comments:

  1. Great review love the end result too. I am excited I will be able to curl my hair soon it's getting long now hehe .xox

    http://www.rainbowsandunicornsblog.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! Oooh exciting, it seriously is one of the reasons I grew my hair haha! P x

      Delete