Tuesday 23 September 2014

REVIEWSDAY: Collection Lasting Perfection Ultimate Wear Concealer


I had heard a lot of (good) things about this concealer and have been on the hunt for a new one so this week I am road-testing the Collection Lasting Perfection Ultimate Wear Concealer. This has incidentally also turned out to be a really good idea because I broke my shower last night so it wouldn't turn off and spent all night trying to stop it so today should be a pretty solid test of how awake it can make me look.

I have been using Rimmel Wake Me Up concealer for a while, and I do like it, but as with most things I put on my face, it's a bit dark for my ghostlike complexion. It doesn't show up too much or anything but that thing about concealer being one or two shades lighter than your foundation? Ha. It is also quite yellow toned, and while this is quite good at countering dark circles it doesn't work very well at highlighting. So anyway I heard about the Collection Lasting Perfection one and heard lots of people raving about it so I went to swatch it in Boots and the lightest shade (Fair 01) is actually pale! These product pictures were taken in bad light so they have all come out very yellow but trust me on this one, it is good.

Onto the actual formula, where its strength is supposed to lie. It promises 16-hour wear, and I have to admit I have yet to test this completely but from what I know so far I would probably believe it. It is quite thick, and while this means you need to put a bit of effort into blending it, it is seriously heavy-duty. I don't really have bags too much under my eyes but my dark circles are pretty horrific and I had basically given up on ever hiding them that well (until I can get that damn colour-correcting e.l.f. palette) but I really think this comes close. The pale shade and consistency, combined with patting on the concealer (this seems the best way to apply it given the thickness) give really good coverage, and while I prefer lighter coverage in a foundation, I feel you may as well go all out on concealer because otherwise what's the point?

The pictures on the left are seriously horrible, but I just wanted to show how good it is at hiding my dark circles. The top one is completely bare-faced (like you couldn't already tell...) and the one below is concealer under my eyes, also a little bit either side of my nose, but nothing else. I had literally just woken up and don't look like a human, but with the rest of my makeup on now I look (I hope) a whole lot better and so much more awake than I feel!

It is now lunchtime and I just checked again (yes I know it's not 16 hours, sorry) but it hasn't budged, where my Rimmel one would probably already have.

I am impressed.



Extra special note from Noll: this is my VERY FAVOURITE concealer ever so I'm super glad that Poppy's a convert because I love it when we match. I do have a top tip to share, though, that for some bizarre reason the black writing on the packaging of this concealer rubs off and will get all over all your stuff, and you will think that you've gone insane and spend an entire day with black fingerprints on your face without noticing. Best way to combat this is just to rub it all off with a baby wipe when you first get it and then you're good to go! 

No comments:

Post a Comment