Tuesday 2 September 2014

REVIEWSDAY: Bourjois Délice de Poudre Bronzing Powder

Guys. Guys. This bronzer smells of chocolate.

I’m just going to let that sink in for a minute.

It’s not any old chocolate, either. It smells like expensive chocolate, maybe with a hint of caramel. It comes in two initial shades – light/medium or 51, which I have, and medium/dark or 52. There is also a gold version with a bit more shimmer in it, and all three smell equally delicious (I checked).
Please don't judge my terrible lighting

Scent aside, I was also very pleased with the product. It comes in a lightweight, durable magnetised box (and the bronzer itself is moulded in the shape of an adorable little chocolate bar). When it goes on it's a mostly matte colour, very subtle at first, so if you're a fan of serious contouring it might look a little feeble, but it's easily layered for more contrast. It has miniscule – and I mean seriously miniscule; I just had to get up close and personal with a table lamp to check – shimmery particles in it, which make it a bit more luminising than a standard matte bronzer without being too harsh for daytime wear or the rapidly approaching winter. 

It doesn’t come with a brush, unfortunately - not a massive problem in terms of day-to-day use but it means it’s a bit more of a faff to just stick in your handbag for touch-ups. In terms of staying power, used over foundation with powder over the top it remained mostly intact over a full day, which isn’t bad considering time spent slouching onto strangers’ shoulders on the train or leaning on my hand to sigh deeply at the state of modern society, etc.

Benefit’s classic Hoola will always have a special place in my heart and I do think Bourjois should consider including a brush for the sake of convenience (what am I going to do when I oversleep and have to do makeup on the train?!), but it gives a great, warm colour for an extremely reasonable price (£7.99 from Boots) and the lovely chocolate scent is a very cute touch, if a teensy bit gimmicky. I forgive you, Bourjois. My face smells like Lindt.



No comments:

Post a Comment